HEROIN IS A DRUG TO MAKE THE WORLD GO AWAY

THIS IS A BLOG ABOUT A LIFE WITHOUT HEROIN



Monday 15 October 2012

Terrible Sewage Stench


SOMETHING TERRIBLE has gone wrong in my bathroom. There's been this "intermittent fault" with the plumbing since I moved in. I think the piping from the toilet has cracked, leaving a stench that ranges from farm-fresh manure to fermented raw sewerage.

The landlord's man advised me to treat the errant lavatory with bleach. This I have done nearly every day, and several times on some days, since moving in. At first bleach seemed to work. But now I'm splurging all around the rim and the bowl with the extra-thick extra-strong variety and the result smells like a slurry cart has crashed into an over-chlorinated swimming pool. It's appalling.

The pong is overwhelming. Can ANYONE advise me what on earth I should do..?

*******

WILLIAM ORBIT: BARBER'S ADAGIO FOR STRINGS (FERRY CORSTEN MIX)
This is the best techno version I know...


 
 
BINARY FINARY: 1999
"best version released"...
 
 
 
I found out that most of yesterday my Trinity College Choir Barber's Adagio NASA film wasn't there. This is because of a stupid fault on Blogger where Youtube screens will keep dropping out of the bottom of posts. Does anyone know how to fix this one either?
 

*****

6 comments:

karl said...

It sounds like your drains are blocked or collapsed, either way your landlord is going to have to get profesionals in. If he's lucky the collapse or blockage will be outside of his property, therefore the water board will repair & foot the bill.
It could well be a health hazard & it is only going to get worse especially with heavy rain. If the land lord doesn't do anything you may have no choice but to get the environmental health involved.
"Shit happens"
Good luck mate. x

GLEDWOOD said...

Something has gone terribly wrong. There is no raw sewage to be seen, just the stench of it. I've tried bleaching the entire bathroom floor with neat bleach. Nothing works...

bugerlugs63 said...

Think Karl is right Gledwood. Tell the landlord that it needs sorting as it is a health hazard . . . and bleaching the bowl will not fix it . . . it must be coming back in from the drains or stacking pipe. If he wont call professionals in, tell him you will have to call environmental Health . . . you have to, it's not right to live with that. Good luck with that.
Hope all is well apart from that, with love x

Gledwood said...

I'm going to have to. It's annoyingly intermittent. There is never anything to see (or I'd thoroughly enjoy posting lurid descriptions you know how perverted I am). And like I said today if he DOES ever bother to come out you can be assured the reek will go! And be back within an hour of his leaving... rrhghgghhghg

Syd said...

Time to call the landlord and get it fixed. Sounds awful to me.

Anonymous said...

I give rise to look on behalf of such a article on behalf of a sustained era, credit a percentage.