HEROIN IS A DRUG TO MAKE THE WORLD GO AWAY

THIS IS A BLOG ABOUT A LIFE WITHOUT HEROIN



Saturday 8 December 2012

Midwinter Pigeons Having a Bath (etc)...

I SAW a flock of pigeons having a bath in a puddle this morning. They're very brave birds as it was about one degree celcius out there. I wish I'd had a camera phone to record it. But here instead are some birds in Pnom Pen...


What else can I say. I've given up the drugs again and this time it might work, because I woke up at four a.m. and tried drinking hot tea to keep warm and either the tea or the lack of sleep has made me high and I'm feeling so good I don't NEED drugs. Or drug singular. The one substance in the equation being the Killer B. The Big H. Brown Heroin.

Righto I've got to go I've got Mr Kipling's 6 Xmas Cake Slices on me and they're begging to be eaten. After which I really need a crash diet. I could do with losing 5½ stone/77lbs/35kg. I don't care if that makes me too skinny, I'm fed up of looking like Benny from Crossroads.

Righty-ho I must fly. Have a chirpy weekend...


And just for the entertainment, here's a chirpy lovebird:~~~~~



♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
 
O and 1 last thing. I love this tune...
 
FRIDGE ~ PARADISE ~ KOMAKINO MIX
 
 
♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

5 comments:

Bev said...

What a little cuddle bug that birdie is.He looks like a baby or may be just sleepy.
I wanted a Patagonian conure many years ago and I found a pet store 2 hours away.The owner not only had one but cause the birdie had been impossible to handle he offered him to me for 35 dollars.It was 2 hours drive.I got there late and owner wasnt there and the counter ppl absolutely refused to sell it for 35$.I told them to call him and they refused.I was so angry.
I been on a diet since winter but Im not geting any where with it.I think I put on more weight.Oh well ginger bread oreo cookies for youX0XoXo

Gattina said...

While you were freezing and Mr. G. sitting in 15 cm cold in Brussels, I warmed up my old bones at the Red Sea in Hurghada, Egypt !

Gledwood said...

BEV: the lovebird looks fully grown. They're tiny. Just slightly smaller than budgies.

You nearly got a conure for $35 ?? Wow. You should have phoned back. I would have.

Also years ago, when I was on Prozac (and so semi-out of it) I very nearly shoplifted a green amazon by just shoving it under my coat and walking out I@M SO GLAD I DIDN'T!!

GATTINA: Egypt.??... wow. Have you been to the pyramids yet???

Syd said...

Nice photos of the birds. Take care of yourself. Hope that you will stay warm. I've been reading that green tea is really great for good health.

Gledwood said...

I heard green tea took off in Japanese monasteries basically because the monks had a cup or two and then found themselves speeding off their tits and "better able to meditate all night" -- well you can clothe drug abuse in whatever fancy language you like but caffeine is a drug just like heroin. It actually makes me feel higher. I was already speeding on two cups when I had a third and now I can barely keep still at all! I know I really ought to give it up but it's winter and freezing cold and I'm just not into lemonade these days... O and BTW that is brown tea, not green... (is there any real difference?)