HEROIN IS A DRUG TO MAKE THE WORLD GO AWAY

THIS IS A BLOG ABOUT A LIFE WITHOUT HEROIN



Monday 4 February 2013

Cardboard Boxes

I'VE NOW got a gigantic heap of boxes in my living room (the old one). They are awaiting the time when my landlord's "henchman" says he can move them. I started moving in myself yesterday, thanks to my WonderTrundler, me and my trolley and my goods did the half-hour walk ourselves. Until we came to the stairs outside the flats (no wheelchair ramp) and clonk-clonk-TUNNNG!~~ something broke and suddenly the Trundler's not trundling any more. So I dug out the £19.99 receipt and thought about suing the shop and what I would do when they refused to replace these faulty goods. And I removed the missing part and bent it and bent it again and to cut a long story short, thanks to two McDonald's brown paper bags and lots of Chinese yellow parcel tape I think I've got the problem fixed. The landlord's man said he could probably move half my stuff today. If he does, I'm setting up home on the floor, on a pile of my clothes. (The only thing I brought was my clothes.)

I had to see my support worker this morning to sort out electricity and gas. The electric people are giving me an appointment next week to get a key meter fitted. And gas are sending me a card that will wipe out the £16 arrears on their prepay meter. Ukh my brain has turned to mud yet again; I'm so tired. I was up at two a.m., then the Sonny and Cher story came on True Movies. And then I spent hours thinking "WHY HAVE I GOT SO MUCH STUFF??!!" I can't wait till this is OVER AND DONE WITH!!!

No comments: