HEROIN IS A DRUG TO MAKE THE WORLD GO AWAY

THIS IS A BLOG ABOUT A LIFE WITHOUT HEROIN



Wednesday 10 April 2013

I do love a good Death


SO MARGARET THATCHER IS DEAD! I can't think of a single other person who polarizes opinion in Britain so much. I would put myself at a central point in this ideological schism. Half me loves her (well, being as I'm Southern, middle-class and didn't grow up on a sink estate) I loved her when she was in power), the other loathes the woman.

While she was selling off state monopolies in telecommunications, power, steel, oil, railways etc I thought "privatization" was a great idea. Now I see it as nationalized theft. If it's good business to generate a load of electricity and sell it off in bulk cheap to companies who then sell it on to us the customers ~ why can't they sell it that cheap to begin with? Cut out the middlemen and give the discount to the consumer?

Thatcherism was, after all, supposed to be a consumer-driven society.

It's SHE who put millions on permanent state welfare handouts by destroying industry and employment in the North.

I do like the pretty buildings ~ you know, the skyscrapers and all ~ that Thatcherism (and neo-Thatcherism) generated.

Also there's "Thatcherite food" ~ which tastes a lot nicer than a lot of bland traditionally "British" fayre ... pasta with loads of pesto and foccaccia. What used to be called "foreign muck" is now the Daily Bread of the bourgeoisie!

Hey and according to today's Sun newspaper Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead is now number one in the download charts!

I would love to go on but I'm in an internet cafe and about to be terminated. Hope you're all doing well.

HERE'S THE VIDEOs...

COMMIES (and others) CELEBRATING MAGGIE THATCHER'S DEATH
ON THE STREETS OF BRIXTON



SCENE FROM 1939 WIZARD OF OZ


5 comments:

CrystalChick said...

I saw some of the movie 'The Iron Lady', but even Meryl Streep (fav actress) couldn't quite hold my interest for all of it. Since here in the US, my views on politics lean to the left, I probably wouldn't have cared much for Thatcher if she were running things here. And that my husband is in a trade union, I'm sure he wouldn't have supported her policies either.

Akelamalu said...

MT was a strong prime minister and I applaud how she stood up to Europe and Argentina. I didn't agree with everything she did when she was in office, but I'm grateful to her for making it possible for us to buy our council house. Without that opportunity I doubt we would ever have owned our own home. I find it sad that there are young people, who really can't know anything of what the Thatcher years were like, demonstrating about and rejoicing her death. They're obviously mimicking they're parents views and not making an informed judgement.

Unknown said...

I have many friends in the UK and their opinions are either very pro or totally con regarding M.T. I do think her funeral is going to be rather lavish at the taxpayers expense. Much pomp and circumstance. I heard it is going to cost around 10 million. That seems a bit much. Be good Gleds!

Bev said...

I wish I knew more about her.I only read years ago she was having an affair with Mick Jagger.Those lousy gossip papers my mom had all over.
Did you get your bird?Hows your new place?
Im drinking less alcohol and more green tea.Fudge flavored kissesXoXoxo

Gledwood said...

CRYSTAL: if I were American I think I'd be Democrat. I'm still in favour of the death penalty (in theory) but totally against the idea of Death Row. And bloody hell if they can't even get a lethal injection right... millions of heroin addicts out there know how to do it. How can prison staff bodge it? And we ALL KNOW they deliberately put the 3 chemicals in the wrong order... sorry this is going off subject I'm feeling very political today...

AKELAMALU: I wrote an answer today "after the funeral" I do think it is good to be able to buy council homes ~ I just think they should be building new ones too!

SUSAN: I really don't care about £10 million. They throw enough other money around... know what I mean. Anyway if they'd really wanted to they could EASILY have funded Thatcher's funeral via private contributions. Easily...

BEVERLY: I'm fine I just haven't been near the internet shop lately. I never got the bird (yet). What I really need is a savage guard dog. I will explain the reason for that later... lots of love to you XXXXXXX MORELLO CHERRY XXXXXXX