HEROIN IS A DRUG TO MAKE THE WORLD GO AWAY

THIS IS A BLOG ABOUT A LIFE WITHOUT HEROIN



Saturday 28 September 2013

Fat, Furry Dormice for the Weekend...

I HAVEN'T BEEN BY LATELY because I've been too busy composing my work of Great Literature..! Which is not a memoir. And not about drugs in any way... (Wow!) It's a children's book. More details (if) and when it's finished...




Anyway here's some little furry animals for Furry Friday on Saturday...


A fat dormouse...
(Latin name: Glis glis.)
... Also named the edible dormouse, as the Romans originally imported them to the British isles as a tasty rodent snack!
This one looks more like an American grey squirrel...


A common or hazel dormouse... isn't he cute!!
This is the only dormouse species indiginous to the UK...


... with big glittery black beady eyes!


And quite tame!


... when winter comes he gets very sleepy indeed!
(The name comes from the French dormir, to sleep... il dort...


... WISHING Y'ALL A VERY FURRY WEEKEND INDEED!

5 comments:

bugerlugs63 said...

Just when I thought I was down to my last 7 Robos, (all carefully sexed and separated into four cages) . . . an unmistakeable squeaking came from the cage that I thought contained 3 females! . . . Two new pups! this was last night.
I'm gonna have to be careful here. This is how I ended up with 33 last time. So, 9 at present.
Hope all good and well with you. I keep writing posts that remain as drafts . . . about trying to get clean . . . and not getting clean . . . and so on and so forth, you know how it goes . . . One day soon I will click on publish. Sending love x

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Oh, how sweet! Can't wait to read the work of great literature, Gleds. Simi says she wants me to read it to her so hurry up and finish it! Love from Sicily. xx woof!

Gledwood said...

Hello everyone... ukh I accidentally logged out so I have to go through that moronic word-creation device...hmmmm

Gledwood said...

Welshcakes many thanks ;-)
I will get you a copy of the work of great literature once it is finished!

Gledwood said...

Bugerlugs: I barely ever draft posts, I just bang them out and press "post" without rereading. That's why no-one thinks I can write. The "novel" I've been at I DO reread and redo and that's why it's taking AGES to finish... I'm only writing about 1000 words a day, which is SLOW, y'know...

Wow only 7 robos left? That's not very many for you... I thought you had 7 TANKS full!!

All the Best, Bugs XxXxXxX